“BitCoin Cash” is here. BCC is just another alt-coin in a crowded field of other alt-coins. It seems like 50 alt-coins pop up every day… so many that websites that dedicate their existence to indexing thousands of them have stopped caring about new ones.
Here are a few reasons why BCC, this ill-planned and weak protest, might not ever survive.
- There are no real transactions, hours into its existence.
- There are no “core” wallets maintaining the blockchain.
- Major search engines don’t seem to point to reputable info.
- They couldn’t even get a unique suggested symbol. “BCC” was already taken by more than one coin. Bitconnect (BCC), trades at a reputable $56.28, and Bitcoin Core (BCC) is a recognized chain split on the CryptoCompare WebSite. Google searches for BCC don’t even put “Bitcoin Cash” as a top search result.
- BCC Won’t be recognized at any retailer, ATM machine, exchange, or bitcoin-backed debt cards without potentially years of development and evangelism.
- The bulk of the interest in BCC is from people who want to dump their free money off the side-chain, presumably into BTC on the main chain.